NSCS Watkins Glen Starts: 1
Best Watkins Glen Finish: 37th
"Obviously, we're excited to get to the race track with our CSX 'Play It Safe' Ford Fusion this weekend. We've got a win in our pocket and some points to gain to get into the Chase. We talked about it at the beginning of the season and the plan was always to try and make the Chase. That was the goal, so we’re that much closer now. We’ve got a hole to dig out of just from the superspeedway results, but we’re in a good spot and the cars have been getting faster each and every week.
"I love Watkins Glen. We ran really well there in the XFINITY car. I actually ran there with Front Row Motorsports last year for the Cup race. We were really good in practice and qualified decent, and unfortunately we had a mechanical failure on Lap 1. It made for a little bit of a long day. But we had a lot of fun in practice. I felt like I had a good feel for it. A lot of the characteristics of the XFINITY car actually carried over to the Cup car, which I was pretty surprised about. I think this can be another very good weekend for our team."
Chris Buescher Watkins Glen Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Karam wins American Red Cross Grand Prix
- Three-time Indy 500 winner Franchitti scores victory in racing legends esports race
- NASCAR RACE HUB Returns to FS1 Monday-Thursday in Modified Format with Special Edition Sunday at 12:30 PM ET
- eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series Coverage Resources and News & Notes - Virtual Texas Motor Speedway
- Daniel Suarez eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series Texas Preview