"I'm really proud of our finish last week. To get a top-20, lead-lap finish at a track as tough as Martinsville, it really shows the progress we've made as a team. I think we can do well at Texas, too. We're bringing a new sponsor and a new paint scheme with Moen on our No. 35 Ford, so we'll look to get them some attention.
"We should be able to take some of what we learned at Charlotte to help us at Texas. They have a lot of the same characteristics, but Texas has some of its own challenges, too. But I usually look at all the mile-and-a-halfs the same, even though each one has its own little difference that you've got to tweak the car to or change your driving style a little. But we have a similar approach to all of them."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has three prior Sprint Cup starts at Texas Motor Speedway ... His best finish at the Fort Worth track is 26th (2014) ... Moen will join Whitt as primary sponsor of the No. 35 Ford for the Texas race weekend ... The team comes off a 20th-place finish at Martinsville Speedway on Sunday.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports AAA Texas 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dates announced for 37th annual Pioneer Pole Buildings 2021 Motorsports Show
- Sinister Diesel and All American Speedway continue partnership into 2020
- Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway Announces Schedule Adjustments For May
- AUDIO: Dale Earnhardt Jr. on HoF nominee, career, more on SiriusXM Radio
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. to compete in IndyCar iRacing Challenge from virtual Michigan International Speedway live this Saturday on NBCSN