"Talladega is intense. The speedway races are definitely the most mentally demanding and mentally draining of any of the races we go to. When you're in the middle of three-wide or four-wide, you just have zero time to relax. You're gripping the steering wheel with everything you've got. Even if you hold the steering wheel perfectly straight, if someone gets under your quarter panel or on your fender, it moves the car on its own. So, you're constantly just driving the heck out of those things.
"But it's fun racing. I enjoy it. Talladega's been a good track for Front Row Motorsports and for myself. We're looking forward to going back and having a good run and maybe even my first career win. We'd love to get Love's Travel Stops into Victory Lane."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 16 Sprint Cup starts at Talladega Superspeedway ... He has two top-five and four top-10 finishes and one pole at the 2.66-mile oval ... His best finish is second (2013) ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38, promoting Love's TirePass ... Gilliland will be on the pre-race stage on the start/finish line for Q&A on Sunday at 10:35 a.m.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports CampingWorld.Com 500 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- McLaughlin hangs on to edge teammate Power in Round 2 of INDYCAR iRacing Challenge at Barber
- eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series Coverage Resources and News & Notes - Virtual Bristol Motor Speedway
- Rita Wilson, Darrell and Stevie Waltrip Serve as Prerace Dignitaries for Sunday's FOX NASCAR iRACING
- Virtual Bristol Motor Speedway the site of this weekend's eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational series race, the Food City Showdown
- '5 Things To Look For ...' heading into Virtual Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama