Biffle Finishes 23rd at Michigan in the No. 16 Ortho Ford Fusion
Right from the drop of the green flag Biffle reported that he was really loose and had no grip in traffic. NASCAR threw a competition caution on lap 20 and that was the team’s first opportunity to pit for a big swing at adjustments. Crew chief Matt Puccia called for four tires, fuel and left and right rear wedge adjustments.
The handling came around briefly on the Ortho Ford over the next long green flag run, but was short lived. Biffle went a lap down to the field while searching for grip. The battle for grip continued the entire race despite wedge and air pressure adjustments.
Cautions and long green flag runs caught Biffle two laps down and in the end he crossed the finish line 23rd in the Ortho Ford Fusion. Biffle remains 18th in the point standings.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dates announced for 37th annual Pioneer Pole Buildings 2021 Motorsports Show
- Sinister Diesel and All American Speedway continue partnership into 2020
- Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway Announces Schedule Adjustments For May
- AUDIO: Dale Earnhardt Jr. on HoF nominee, career, more on SiriusXM Radio
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. to compete in IndyCar iRacing Challenge from virtual Michigan International Speedway live this Saturday on NBCSN