"I've been really eager to get back to Daytona. We always run well there, and we started from the pole at this race last year, so we know it's always a good opportunity for us. We've got the Florida Lottery on board with us for this race. So, a different look for our Ford Fusion, but we know it will be just as fast a car as the guys always put together for us. Daytona and Talladega are tracks that we excel at, so it's a big race for us.
"This is a great race weekend every year. I've always been at the racetrack on Fourth of July weekend my whole life, either racing with my dad or watching him race. I think 99 percent of my July Fourths have been spent at the racetrack. And I wouldn't want it any other way."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 14 Sprint Cup starts at Daytona International Speedway ... His best Datyona finish is third (2011) ... Gilliland has two poles at the Daytona Beach superspeedway, including the pole award for last year's Coke Zero 400 ... The Florida Lottery joins the No. 38 team as primary sponsor for the holiday weekend ... Gilliland will be at the Florida Lottery display in the Midway Fan Zone on Saturday from 3 to 3:30 p.m. and Sunday from 4:15 to 4:45 p.m., and at the Florida Lottery display in the Infield Fan Zone on Sunday from 3 to 3:30 p.m.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Coke Zero 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Rita Wilson, Darrell and Stevie Waltrip Serve as Prerace Dignitaries for Sunday's FOX NASCAR iRACING
- Virtual Bristol Motor Speedway the site of this weekend's eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational series race, the Food City Showdown
- '5 Things To Look For ...' heading into Virtual Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama
- Azulana Sparkling Tequila Joins NASCAR iRacing, Partnering with MBM Motorsports / Timmy Hill (#66)
- PRESS RELEASE: Dover International Speedway’s coveted Monster Trophy ranks No. 2 in NASCAR.com list of top Cup Series awards