"This will be my second time running at Charlotte. And I tested there, so it will actually be my third time on track. It's definitely going to be a long race. We're starting a grueling part of the season as it starts getting hot out, so you have to deal with a little more driver fatigue. I just need to do everything I can to be prepared for the long race and the heat of the summer.
"We will be proud to pay tribute to Sgt. Bouthout on our CSX 'Play It Safe' Ford. It's important to honor all of our fallen military, but it's even more important and special when it's from within your own team's family. Robert is a welder with Front Row and Sgt. Bouthout was his grandfather. We'll try to make the family proud on Sunday."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday night's Coca-Cola 600 will be Moffitt's second appearance at Charlotte Motor Speedway, but first in the 600-mile event ... CSX returns as primary sponsor of the No. 34 Ford for the Memorial Day weekend race, promoting the "Play It Safe" railroad safety initiative ... CSX, which was recently named the sixth-most military friendly employer on G.I. Jobs' 2015 Top 100 Military Friendly Employers ranking, has also donated 200 tickets to send active military members to the Coke 600 as part of the Let the Troops Race program ... Moffitt's name will be replaced on the windshield decal with the name of Sgt. Renald J. Bouthout as part of NASCAR's "600 Miles of Remembrance" ... Sgt. Bouthout was the grandfather of Front Row Motorsports welder Robert Nicoletos.
Brett Moffitt: Front Row Motorsports Coca-Cola 600 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. to compete in IndyCar iRacing Challenge from virtual Michigan International Speedway live this Saturday on NBCSN
- 4/8 recognized as Jimmie Johnson Day
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. highlights "Wednesdale" on racing week in America beginning today at 1 P.M. on NBCSN
- Start Of Racing Season Delayed At Terre Haute IN Action Track
- Beach Trip -- 20 Years Ago, Harvick, Childers and Fedewa All Raced in Myrtle Beach 250