"We want to go for it because it's an opportunity for us to shine with some of the bigger names not out there. But at the same time, we don't want to tear anything up. We'd like to use the same car for the Coke 600 next week. So we want to get a good test in, maybe try something that we've been thinking about or been on the fence about, and see if we can make the car just a little bit better for the 600. We'll be smart about it. But if the opportunity presents itself, we'll definitely go for it."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has one previous start in the non-points Sprint Showdown, which is the qualifying race for the Sprint All-Star Race ... He finished 12th in the 2014 Showdown... Speed Stick returns to the No. 35 as primary sponsor.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Sprint Showdown Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL highlights "Twists and Truns Tuesday" on racing week in America beginning today at 1 P.M. on NBCSN
- 75th Season Of Racing At Macon IL Speedway Delayed
- Chevrolet Performance: Making Racing Possible for All
- Pinty's Delicious Food increasing commitment as valued partner of Bristol Motor Speedway
- Start Of 2020 Racing Season Officially On Hold At Lincoln IL Speedway