In light of the recent departure of Kevin "Bono" Manion, Tommy Baldwin Racing (TBR) has announced that team owner Tommy Baldwin will assume the role as crew chief of the No. 7 Chevrolet, for driver Alex Bowman.
"I'm very happy for Bono; we've been friends a long time, and I wish him nothing but the best," said Baldwin. "Climbing atop the pit box is somewhat of a familiar role for me and I look forward to working with Alex."
Baldwin, in his seventh year of a being a Sprint Cup Series team owner, is no stranger to the position - having numerous wins and a Daytona 500 championship in 2002.
Baldwin's return will take effect immediately.
Baldwin Returns to Pit Box at Kansas
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- McLaughlin hangs on to edge teammate Power in Round 2 of INDYCAR iRacing Challenge at Barber
- eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series Coverage Resources and News & Notes - Virtual Bristol Motor Speedway
- Rita Wilson, Darrell and Stevie Waltrip Serve as Prerace Dignitaries for Sunday's FOX NASCAR iRACING
- Virtual Bristol Motor Speedway the site of this weekend's eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational series race, the Food City Showdown
- '5 Things To Look For ...' heading into Virtual Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama