Charlotte Final 'Home' Race for Ambrose in Sprint Cup Series
Marcos Ambrose will race the No.9 STANLEY Ford this weekend at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, marking the final time that he'll race at the track that most NASCAR drivers call 'home'. Ambrose has made 11 previous starts at the track and has three Top-10 finishes and one Top-Five result.
Ambrose and Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM) partner Twisted Tea will also be busy this weekend with public appearances on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Fans can check the RPM Twitter and Facebook pages this week for more details.
.@MarcosAmbrose ready for final 'home' race. Read more here:
@Marcos Ambrose #9 Fan Page goes to Charlotte for final homecoming:
"We have one of the best tracks on the circuit right where most of us live. It's only appropriate that Charlotte has one of the best tracks because it's really the center of stock car racing. Everyone brings their families, their friends, and it's just a big event any time we race at Charlotte. I'm going to miss racing here two or three times a year because it's just a lot of fun.
"I run well here because I enjoy the track. It's just really fast at night, and the cooler temperatures allow for more speed, too. There is just a lot of excitement around this race. It's important for 'The Chase', and I want to get that win before I go back home. If we win, it's going to be a big party."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dates announced for 37th annual Pioneer Pole Buildings 2021 Motorsports Show
- Sinister Diesel and All American Speedway continue partnership into 2020
- Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway Announces Schedule Adjustments For May
- AUDIO: Dale Earnhardt Jr. on HoF nominee, career, more on SiriusXM Radio
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. to compete in IndyCar iRacing Challenge from virtual Michigan International Speedway live this Saturday on NBCSN