Keselowski and Roush Yates Dominate at Kentucky
Brad Keselowski outran the field with his Team Penske Ford powered by Roush Yates Saturday night at Kentucky Speedway to claim his second win of the season. Keselowski drove through the field over the final 47 laps making him the first two-time winner at the 1.5 mile speedway in three years.
Team Penske’s Fords powered by Roush Yates had a great weekend at Kentucky winning pole positions in the Sprint Cup and Nationwide series. Starting out front, Keselowski was able to extend his lead to an impressive 3.5 seconds over second place by lap 34. Penske teammates Joey Logano and Keselowski led most of the race, switching first and second positions throughout 91 of the first 100 laps.
After the final caution Keselowski was able to make up nearly 1.1 seconds in just three laps and made a pass for the lead on lap 249. The “Blue Deuce” would go on to lead the remaining 18 laps to take the win.
“Our car was awesome,” Keselowski stated in a post-race interview. “The team did a great job and I’m just really thankful to have a car this good. Doug Yates and Roush Yates with the engine department deserve a lot of credit, this engine was killer.”
Keselowski is now fourth in the Sprint Cup Series standings and has become one of six multi-race winners in the 2014 season.
“This is the type of performance we’re going to need to compete for another championship,” Keselowski continued. “I’m proud of all the work that’s gone on so far.”
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Three-time Indy 500 winner Franchitti scores victory in racing legends esports race
- NASCAR RACE HUB Returns to FS1 Monday-Thursday in Modified Format with Special Edition Sunday at 12:30 PM ET
- eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series Coverage Resources and News & Notes - Virtual Texas Motor Speedway
- Daniel Suarez eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series Texas Preview
- "Spring Race Madness" gives race fans the opportunity to vote for the top Food City 500 moment in Bristol Motor Speedway history