Clint Bowyer on the hunt for victory lane
The state of Kentucky (technically termed the Commonwealth of Kentucky) is probably most recognized as the home of horse racing in the United States. More appealing to Clint Bowyer, an avid hunter and outdoorsman, the Blue Grass state also claims to have the highest per capita population of deer and turkey.
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series visits the 1.5-mile track situated in Sparta, Ky., this weekend. And while Bowyer won’t have time to hunt deer or turkey, he and the No. 15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota crew will be hunting something else- victory lane.
With the Michael Waltrip Racing team currently occupying 15th place in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup standings, the team would like nothing more than to lock in to the Chase field. A win would certainly help the team reach that goal.
And if last year is any indication, Bowyer has a shot. He finished third in the event. And with just 10 races remaining before the Chase field is decided, the hunt is on for Bowyer and crew.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR RACE HUB Returns to FS1 Monday-Thursday in Modified Format with Special Edition Sunday at 12:30 PM ET
- eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series Coverage Resources and News & Notes - Virtual Texas Motor Speedway
- Daniel Suarez eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series Texas Preview
- "Spring Race Madness" gives race fans the opportunity to vote for the top Food City 500 moment in Bristol Motor Speedway history
- Biffle to Make Return Behind the Wheel of Roush Fenway’s No. 16 Ford