Kenny Francis, the crew chief for the No. 5 team that competes in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has been penalized for rules violations committed during qualifying May 3 at Talladega Superspeedway.
Crew Chief Of The No. 5 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Team Penalized For Rules Infraction At Talladega
The infraction is a P3 level penalty and violates Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 12-4.3(A)1-c (unapproved added weight and/or weight affixed improperly) of the 2014 rule book. As a result, Francis has been fined $25,000. The infraction was discovered in post-qualifying inspection.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- William Byron dominates in eNASCAR iRacing race at virtual Bristol Motor Speedway
- William Byron scores victory at virtual Bristol Motor Speedway
- Stewart-Haas eSports: Bristol Invitational Race Report
- #ProInvitationalSeries | Roush Fenway Bristol Recap
- Virtual Bristol Motor Speedway the site of this weekends eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series race, the Food City Showdown