Brandon Jones, driver of the No. 33 MasterForce Chevrolet earned a 15th-place result in the Kroger 250 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. Jones began the afternoon from the sixth position, and solidly ran near the top five for nearly half of the event. On lap 143, Jones got loose in another competitor’s oil and spun in turn two, ultimately losing a lap.
Crew Chief Shane Huffman and Jones strategized throughout the race and bet on a late caution to regain track position. Jones had slipped outside the top-15, but was able to regain his lap via the Lucky Dog award on the lap 250 caution. Jones took advantage of late cautions, and the Green-White-Checkered finish to advance the No. 33 MasterForce Chevrolet to a 15th-place finish in his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start of 2015.
BRANDON JONES QUOTE:
“We had a really fast MasterForce Chevrolet today. Shane (Huffman) and the No. 33 team did a great job this weekend. This was one of our best trucks we’ve had here from the four races that I have run here. Overall, it was a good effort, we just needed to have a little smoother day, and stay on the lead lap to be able to show how strong of a MasterForce Chevrolet we had. We’ll be ready to run up front again at Kansas (Speedway).”
GMS Racing PR
Brandon Jones Battles Back to Top-15 Finish at Martinsville
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dates announced for 37th annual Pioneer Pole Buildings 2021 Motorsports Show
- Sinister Diesel and All American Speedway continue partnership into 2020
- Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway Announces Schedule Adjustments For May
- AUDIO: Dale Earnhardt Jr. on HoF nominee, career, more on SiriusXM Radio
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. to compete in IndyCar iRacing Challenge from virtual Michigan International Speedway live this Saturday on NBCSN