Xfinity Series News (6451)
NASCAR Xfinity Series News
Dr Pepper Snapple Group Brands, Sun Drop and Canada Dry Ginger Ale, Partnering With JD Motorsports for 201812 Jan 2018 Written by Steven B. Wilson
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has been a long-time supporter of JD Motorsports with Sun Drop first appearing on board the team’s No. 01 Chevy in 2009.
“I’m very excited to have Sun Drop and Canada Dry Ginger Ale on board my racecars this year,” said JD Motorsports team owner, Johnny Davis. “This team has had a great relationship with Sun Drop in the past, and I’m happy to have their support for what will be JDM’s best season to date. Race teams go through a lot of drinks on the hot race weekends, so Dr Pepper Snapple Group’s products are going to be greatly appreciated.”
“We’re very excited to see our brands back at the race track with JD Motorsports,” said a representative from Dr Pepper Snapple Group. “We’ve had great experiences with Johnny Davis and his team in the past, and we can’t wait to continue this partnership into the future.”
The No. 60 Ford Performance Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing will hit the track in Daytona for the first NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) race of the 2018 season with a brand new design. The scheme features a gray and white color combination, with hints of red highlighting the number and spoiler. Ford development program drivers Chase Briscoe, Austin Cindric and Ty Majeski will share the ride for the duration of the NXS season.
"We're excited about our team of young Ford drivers in the No. 60 Mustang," said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports. "Having this great collaboration between Roush Fenway, Team Penske and Ford Performance is certainly unique in the sport, and we think getting Austin, Ty and Chase together to try and win a XFINITY team championship, while developing their skills as NASCAR drivers will be fun to watch. There's already great chemistry there, and they'll help push each other to be even better going forward."
The development team, known as #TheProgram60, is designed to continue the progression and development of the three drivers with collaboration from Ford Performance and Team Penske. The trio will look to build on the rich history of Roush Fenway’s No. 60 that includes a NASCAR record 93 wins and almost 16,000 laps led. NASCAR Hall of Famer Mark Martin was a dominating fixture in the car in the 90s and Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle and Chris Buescher each drove the car to NXS championships.
Roush Fenway will reveal in unique fashion which of the three drivers takes the seat in Daytona. Briscoe, Cindric and Majeski will draw straws out of the iconic “Jack hat” to find out who the lucky driver is.
Fans will get an exclusive look into the selection process by tuning in to SiriusXM NASCAR Radio’s “Jack’s Garage” segment on Claire B. Lang’s “Dialed In” talk show. The award-winning host will reveal which driver is up first on Wednesday, Jan. 17 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
The No. 60 Ford Mustang takes to the track in the NXS season opener at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018.
Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) announces today that Menards home improvement stores along with several of their best vendor partners will be the primary sponsor for Brandon Jones for 10 races in the NASCAR XFINITY Series in 2018. The No. 19 Menards Toyota Camry will display one partner-specific brand on the hood of the racecar for each of the Menards races.
The Menards partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) follows the recent announcement that Jones will run full-time for JGR in 2018. Menards joins other JGR sponsors of the No. 19 Toyota Camry and Jones who will be unveiled in the coming weeks.
“We are excited to once again sponsor Brandon Jones in the NASCAR Xfinity Series,” stated Jeff Abbott, Menards, Promotions Manager/Spokesperson. “Brandon is a nice young man who has been a great ambassador for Menards, plus he has a really bright future as a race car driver.”
Menards has been involved with NASCAR since 2001 and has supported a wide variety of racing ventures for several years. Currently, Menards is the title sponsor of the ARCA Racing Series as well as sponsoring entries in NASCAR’s Camping World Truck, XFINITY, and Monster Energy Cup Series and in the Verizon Indy Car Series. Menards is a family-owned company that started in 1958 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, which remains Menards headquarters today. Menards has grown to be a highly innovative home improvement industry leader totally dedicated to delivering superior customer service in sparkling, modern, well-stocked stores.
“We’re thrilled to have Menards partner with us and Brandon Jones,” said Joe Gibbs, owner of Joe Gibbs Racing. “They’ve been involved in the racing industry for a long time and are a great American success story having grown a small family run business to become a leader in their industry.”
“I am very excited and proud to be a partner with a great sponsor like Menards,” states Brandon Jones. “Having Menards on my No. 19 Toyota Camry and racing for Joe Gibbs Racing is huge for our team and our run for a championship in 2018.”
John Hunter Nemechek to Compete in Multiple NASCAR XFINITY Series Races in 2018 for Chip Ganassi Racing12 Dec 2017 Written by Steven B. Wilson
Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR) announced today that they have signed John Hunter Nemechek, a five-time winner in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) and former NASCAR NEXT driver, to pilot the No. 42 Chevrolet Camaro in multiple NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) races in 2018. Nemechek, 20, will work with veteran NXS crew chief Mike Shiplett, who has led the team for the last four seasons. Nemechek’s No. 42 Chevrolet will carry primary sponsorship from Fire Alarm Services, Inc. in 2018.
NOTES OF INTEREST:
· Behind the Wheel:Nemechek began his racing career in quarter midgets at the age of five. He was the 2011 Allison Legacy Race Series Rookie of the Year and followed-up with the series championship in 2012. Nemechek moved into late models in 2013 and won the Miller Lite Super Late Model Series Championship at Mobile (Ala.) International Speedway. He won three of the biggest Super Late Model races over the next two seasons including the famed All-American 400 in Nashville, Tenn., the Snowball Derby and Snowflake 100 at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Fla.
· Fully Covered: Headquartered in Denver, Colo., Fire Alarm Services, Inc., provides fire, life safety, and security services and products for protecting their client's real estate investment. They are the one source for all of their customers fire alarm, electrical, security, sprinkler, fire extinguisher and fire suppression needs.
· Making His Way Through NASCAR: Nemechek made his NCWTS debut in 2013 at Martinsville Speedway at just 16 years old. He competed in the NCWTS on a part-time basis in 2013, 2014, and 2015. Nemechek captured his first series victory at Chicagoland Speedway in 2015 and was also named the series’ Most Popular Driver. He moved to full-time driving duties in 2016 and 2017, where he qualified for the NCWTS playoffs in both seasons.In 76 starts, Nemechek has five wins, one pole, 22 top-five and 38 top-10 finishes. He finished eighth in the final points standings in both 2016 and 2017.
· Family Ties:John Hunter is the son of 1992 NXS Champion and multi-time Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) winner Joe Nemechek. Joe drove for CGR co-owner Felix Sabates’ SABCO Racing team from 1997-1999 and scored the team’s final MENCS victory at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in September 1999. John Hunter’s namesake is his late uncle, John Nemechek, who competed in the NCWTS from 1995-1997. He passed away due to complications from head injuries sustained in an accident during a 1997 NCWTS race at Homestead-Miami Speedway, just three months before John Hunter was born.
· Chip Ganassi, Owner, Chip Ganassi Racing: “We are happy to have John Hunter join our organization and also announce the relationship with Fire Alarm Services. We had a very successful 2017 with our XFINITY program and look to improve upon that. We feel that John Hunter has the talent to be a future star in the sport and can’t wait to get him behind the wheel.”
· John Hunter Nemechek, Driver No. 42 Chevrolet Camaro: “I couldn’t be more excited to join Chip Ganassi Racing. I feel like their cars and organization were the talk of the garage in 2017 and I hope to play a part in continuing their run of success in 2018 and beyond. Also, Fire Alarm Services has been a supporter of my career since 2016 at our family-owned team, and I am looking forward to continuing that partnership at Chip Ganassi Racing. I am extremely grateful to Shannon and Connie Smith, owners of Fire Alarm Services, Inc. I also want to thank my father for all that he has done to help grow my passion for racing.”
JAS Expedited Trucking, based in Imlay City, Mich., will serve as the primary sponsor of the No. 01 NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) entry driven by Miller in ten 2018 NXS events starting with the Rinnai 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
“I’m looking forward to our partnership with JD Motorsports and Vinnie in 2018,” said CEO of JAS Expedited Trucking, Tony Freeland. “Currently, my company looking to hire several qualified truck drivers, and we’ve found that NASCAR is a great platform to get the word out.”
In addition to serving as primary sponsor of the No. 01 Chevrolet at Atlanta in February, JAS will also serve as the primary sponsor of the No. 01 entry in nine other NXS events including Miller’s NXS debut at his home track, Michigan International Speedway, on Saturday, June 9, 2018.
JAS will also serve as an associate sponsor of the JDM No. 01 entry driven by Miller for the other 23 NXS events in 2018.
“Being a Michigan based company, we like to support other Michigan companies and individuals from our state,” Freeland said. “Vinnie grew up just a few miles down the road from where I live. It’s cool to be working with a driver who gets what we are trying to achieve and has a passion for the state of Michigan.”
“Having a JAS come onboard for the 2018 season is awesome,” said driver of the No. 01 JAS Chevrolet, Vinnie Miller. “I’m proud to be from Michigan, and I’m even more proud to work with a company like JAS. They bring jobs to our state and are looking to add even more. I’ve enjoyed getting to know Tony and his team at JAS, and I’m looking forward to the future with them.”