Eric McClure and the No. 14 Hefty®/Reynolds Wrap® Racing™ team started Saturday’s Dollar General 300 from the 30th position and finished the 200-lap event as follows:
25th- Eric McClure, No. 14 Hefty®/Reynolds Wrap® Toyota Camry
- At the drop of the green flag, McClure immediately reported that his car was extremely loose on entry and exit of the turns. As a result, he slipped to the 34th position by lap two.
- One lap later, a caution allowed the 33-year-old Virginia driver to bring the car to the attention of the crew for a track-bar adjustment and fuel. The Hefty®/Reynolds Wrap® Camry returned to the track in the 32nd position for the lap seven restart.
- As the race progressed, the car’s handling improved on entry but was too tight in the center of the turns. Scored in the 33rd position when the event’s second caution flag waved on lap 39, McClure returned to pit road for tires, fuel, and track-bar and air-pressure adjustments. When the race resumed on lap 44, he was scored in the 27th position.
- Over the next 50 laps, the car remained too tight in the center of the turns; consequently, McClure lost two positions in the running order. Following a quick routine green flag pit stop on lap 97, McClure was able to regain one of the positions lost when he returned to the track two laps shy of the halfway point of the race.
- During the ensuing green flag run, the car’s handling seemed to improve as McClure was able to advance to the 26th position by lap 107.
- When the yellow flag waved on lap 124, McClure returned to pit road for a final pit stop for tires, fuel, and a small chassis adjustment. He returned to the track in the 25th position where he remained for the final76 laps.
- With the 25th-place finish, McClure maintained the 17th position in the NASCAR Driver point standings.
TriStar Motorsports PR