Senior management from NASCAR and International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) as well as executives from Daytona International Speedway, Homestead-Miami Speedway, Sebring International Raceway visited Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and First Lady Casey DeSantis at the Governor’s Mansion on Wednesday. The visit coincides with the beginning of the racing season in the state of Florida and the start of the Florida Legislative session.
The recognition event celebrates NASCAR’s long history as a significant Florida business attracting millions of visitors to the state to watch the best racing in the world, which generates more than $1.6 billion in economic impact annually to the State.
Executives that participated in the reception included:
- Lesa France Kennedy, Executive Vice Chair, NASCAR
- Steve Phelps, President, NASCAR
- Daryl Wolfe, Executive Vice President, Chief Sales and Operations Officer, NASCAR
- Chip Wile, President, Daytona International Speedway
- Al Garcia, President, Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Wayne Estes, President and General Manager, Sebring International Raceway
- David Pettit, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Business Operations, IMSA
Daytona International Speedway will kick off the 2020 racing season with sports cars, stock cars and motorcycle events:
- The IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship on Jan. 25-26 with the Rolex 24 At DAYTONA, the most prestigious sports car race in North America.
- The NASCAR Cup Series season-opening event – the 62nd annual DAYTONA 500 – on Sunday, Feb. 16.
- Bike Week in March, highlighted by the 50th DAYTONA Supercross and the DAYTONA TT/DAYTONA 200 doubleheader.
Sebring International Raceway will host the SuperSebring 2020 on March 18-21 featuring the 68th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts, America’s oldest sports car endurance race, and the FIA WEC 1000 Miles of Sebring.
Homestead-Miami Speedway will celebrate its 25th anniversary with a NASCAR Cup Series doubleheader on March 20-22, highlighted by the Dixie Vodka 400.
Tickets for the 2020 DAYTONA 500, the Rolex 24 At DAYTONA and all Daytona International Speedway events can be purchased online at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by calling 1-800-PITSHOP. Fans can stay connected with Daytona International Speedway on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Snapchat, and by downloading Daytona International Speedway’s mobile app, for the latest speedway news.