Sharp-Gallaher Racing would like to issue the following statement in response to the penalty assessed by NASCAR to crew chief Brian Berry for the actions of team members, which is inclusive of guests, following the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. The team will not be appealing the penalty.
Statement from Sharp-Gallaher Racing in Response to NASCAR Penalty
"I'd like to apologize to our sponsors, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and especially the fans on behalf of everyone at Sharp-Gallaher Racing for the incident that occurred following Sunday's race," said team co-owner Eddie Sharp Jr. "Although Kelly Heaphy is not an employee of SGR, we absolutely do not condone actions such as these from anyone associated with our organization. It is a shame that this overshadowed the first class event that NASCAR delivered in Canada. We have nothing but respect for NASCAR, and will not appeal the penalty assessed to crew chief Bryan Berry."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Round two of NASCAR weekly action streamed live in Roseville this Sat
- Death Wish Coffee Teams up with Front Row Motorsports to "Thank A Trucker"
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes - Daytona International Speedway Road Course
- Richmond Raceway Partners with Virginia Tourism Corporation on NASCAR Xfinity Series Entitlement for Virginia is for Racing Lovers 250
- Encore drive-in nights presents Metallica's first show of 2020 at TMS