No. 20 Rheem Toyota Camry TRD News and Notes:
- BELL AT MICHIGAN: Christopher Bell will make his fifth NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) career start at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) this weekend. Last year at MIS, Bell qualified second and took the lead after staying out at the competition caution, propelling him to a stage one win. Bell ran in the top five throughout stage two, finishing the stage in fourth. During the final stage Bell made contact with another car and the outside wall, resulting in multiple trips down pit road for repairs.
- HISTORY AT MIS: Bell has two NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) starts at MIS. In 2017, Bell started seventh after qualifying was rained out and despite spinning out twice, rebounded to complete all 91 laps in the rain-shortened race to finish 11th. In 2018, Bell narrowly missed starting on the pole and won stage two, but a miscommunication on when to pit in the final stage put him on a different strategy that didn’t work out since a caution never came as the race wound down, resulting in a 13th-place finish. Bell also has two starts in the NASCAR Truck Series at Michigan, earning one top five, and one top-10 finish.
- RHEEM GUESTS AT MICHIGAN: Rheem is hosting over 100 guests this weekend at Michigan. There are guests on-site from Friedrich, HD Supply, Water Heater Division (Hajoca, Robertson Supply, Richards) and the National Account Water Heater Division.
- SPECIAL RECOGNITION: Rheem will highlight Friedrich Air Conditioning Co. on the No. 20 Rheem Toyota Camry TRD this weekend at Michigan. For more information visit: https://www.friedrich.com/
- RICHMOND RECAP: Bell started 29th at Richmond and struggled with handling throughout stage one. During green flag stops in stage two Bell had a speeding penalty and had to serve a pass-through penalty, costing him a lap to the leaders. The team tried different strategies throughout the race, including taking the wave around, to try and get back on the lead lap but no cautions fell their way. Bell ultimately crossed the finish line 20th at Richmond.
- JGR AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: JGR has earned eight Cup Series victories at MIS. In 154 combined starts at the track, the organization has tallied 45 top-five finishes, 74 top-10s, and 1,199 laps led.
- RACE INFO: The FireKeepers Casino 400 at MIS begins at 2:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, August 6, 2023. The race will be broadcast live on USA, Sirius XM 90, and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Christopher Bell: “Michigan is one that we qualified and raced well at last year, hopefully it goes well this weekend. I feel the same way going into every race, that we have the capability of running well.”