No. 20 DEWALT Toyota Camry TRD News and Notes:
- BELL AT THE ROVAL: Christopher Bell will make his third NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) start on the ROVAL at Charlotte Motor Speedway this weekend. Last year Bell started fourth but struggled with rear grip throughout the race. The team made gains throughout the race earning an eighth-place finish. In 2020, Bell started 33rd and raced his way into the top 10 in stage one. He maintained his position throughout stage two but lost grip in the final stage and finished 24th.
- ROVAL NXS: Bell has two prior NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) starts at the ROVAL. In 2019, Bell led 19 total laps and was running second late in the race when he was issued a penalty for running off course in the chicane while battling for position. After taking the final restart from the back of the field, Bell raced his way forward to finish 12th. In 2018, Bell qualified 13th, ran in the top five most of the race, won stage two, led five laps and crossed the finish line fifth.
- TALLADEGA RECAP: Bell qualified on the pole at Talladega Superspeedway. The pole was his fourth of the season and his second at Talladega. During stage one Bell go hung out and dropped to the back to avoid any incidents ahead. During a green flag stop in stage two, Bell spun getting onto pit road, resulting in a speeding penalty and needing new Goodyear tires. Bell lost a lap but was in the “lucky dog” position at the end of stage two. Bell started the final stage 28th and crossed the finish line 17th.
- JGR at ROVAL: Joe Gibbs Racing has earned three top-five finishes and six top-10s in 16 combined starts at the Charlotte ROVAL.
- RACE INFO: The Bank of America ROVAL 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course begins at 2:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, October 9, 2022. The race will be broadcast live on NBC, SiriusXM 90, and PRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Christopher Bell: “Racing at Charlotte is always cool; all the teams’ family members are around and it’s a big event. The ROVAL has become a staple on the schedule, and I hope we can go there and contend for the win this weekend.”