No. 11 Acumatica Toyota Camry TRD News and Notes
- HAMLIN AT KANSAS: Denny Hamlin is one of three active drivers with three NASCAR Cup Series wins at Kansas Speedway. He visited the track’s victory lane in 2012, 2019, and 2020. Overall, Hamlin has posted four top-five finishes in the past six races at Kansas, including a fifth-place finish last fall and fourth earlier this season. Hamlin’s success at Kansas also extends to the NASCAR Xfinity Series where he won in 2008.
- DARLINGTON RECAP: The No. 11 team turned in a solid effort in last Sunday’s playoff opener at Darlington Raceway. After starting 11th, Hamlin methodically worked his way forward during the first stage as he ended up second. During stage two, he ran inside the top five early before being shuffled down the running order through a series of restarts late in the segment. In the final stage, he found his way back into contention and was hounding eventual race winner Erik Jones in the closing laps before ultimately finishing second.
- CUP DEBUT: In October 2005, Kansas Speedway played host to Hamlin’s NASCAR Cup Series debut. The Chesterfield, Virginia native started seventh and finished 32nd that weekend.
- OWNING VICTORY LANE: In addition to Hamlin’s three victories as a driver at Kansas Speedway, his race team – 23XI Racing – captured the win with Kurt Busch behind the wheel when the Cup Series visited Kansas Speedway in May. That day, Busch led a race-high 116 laps on the way to the team’s second victory.
- ACUMATICA: Acumatica, the world’s fastest-growing cloud ERP company, will be featured as the primary sponsor of Hamlin’s No. 11 Toyota Camry TRD for Sunday’s race at Kansas Speedway. Acumatica is a leading innovator in cloud ERP with customers located around the world. Acumatica ERP delivers adaptable cloud and mobile technology with a unique all-inclusive user licensing model, enabling a complete, real-time view of your business anytime, anywhere. Through its worldwide network of partners, Acumatica provides the full suite of integrated business management applications, designed to help mid-sized companies thrive in today’s fast-moving markets.
- JGR AT KANSAS: Joe Gibbs Racing owns seven NASCAR Cup Series wins at Kansas Speedway. In 111 combined starts at the 1.5-mile tri-oval, the organization has tallied 31 top-five finishes, 50 top-10s, three pole awards, and 1,380 laps led. Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth, and Tony Stewart join Hamlin on the list of drivers who have taken JGR to victory lane at Kansas.
- STRONG DAY AT KANSAS: When the Cup Series raced at Kansas Speedway earlier this season, Joe Gibbs Racing’s quartet flex its muscled. All four drivers finished inside the top six led by Kyle Busch in third. In addition to their race day success, Christopher Bell started the weekend off strong by capturing the pole.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s NASCAR Cup Series race at Kansas Speedway begins, Sunday, September 11, at 3 p.m. ET on USA Network, MRN Radio, and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Denny Hamlin, Driver of the No. 11 Acumatica Toyota Camry TRD
Talk about the team’s mindset going to Kansas after a strong start to the playoffs…
“We’re looking forward to Kansas this weekend. We feel like this is an opportunity to run well based on how our season has gone and how we ran there in the spring. For us, we need to be a little bit better than what we were then, but we feel like we can certainly do that. It’s also an exciting weekend welcoming Acumatica on board for their first NASCAR race, so we want to put on a good show for them and hopefully continue building momentum here in the playoffs.”