No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry TRD News and Notes
- TRUEX AT CHARLOTTE: Martin Truex Jr. is a three-time NASCAR Cup Series winner at Charlotte Motor Speedway with two victories coming in the Coca-Cola 600 (2016 and 2019). Overall, Truex has posted seven top-five finishes and 13 top-10s at Charlotte. The 1.5-mile track joins Richmond, Martinsville, and Dover on the list of tracks Truex has led at least 1,000 laps on. Prior to misfortune leaving him 29th in last May’s event, Truex had claimed six consecutive top-10s at Charlotte.
- PURE DOMINATION: Truex’s 2016 Coca-Cola 600 victory is one of, if not the most dominant performance in NASCAR history. That night, he started from the pole and led an astounding 392 of 400 laps for what was his fourth career Cup Series triumph.
- ALL-STAR RECAP: The No. 19 driver finished 14th in last Sunday’s NASCAR All-Star Race at Texas Motor Speedway. He spent most of the race running solidly inside the top 10 before being shuffled back on a late restart.
- STAFF SERGEANT JEREMY VROOMAN: The No. 19 team will honor United States Army Staff Sergeant Jeremy Vrooman with his name on the Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry TRD this weekend. Staff Sergeant Vrooman of Sioux Falls, South Dakota lost his life on July 15, 2008, while on a combat mission in Kn’an, Iraq. During his time in the Army, Staff Sergeant Vrooman was assigned to 2nd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division.
- BASS PRO SHOPS: A longtime supporter of Truex and NASCAR, Bass Pro Shops will be featured as the primary sponsor of the No. 19 Camry this weekend in Charlotte. Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri. Today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more.
- RED, WHITE, AND BLUE: Truex’s No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry TRD will feature a red, white, and blue design for this weekend’s race to honor the United States military and Bass Pro Shops’ relationship with the United Service Organizations (USO).
- JGR AT CHARLOTTE: Joe Gibbs Racing owns seven NASCAR Cup Series wins at Charlotte Motor Speedway, including four in the Coca-Cola 600. In 142 combined starts at the 1.5-mile track, the organization has tallied 54 top-five finishes, 84 top-10s, 10 pole awards, and 3,767 laps led. Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Dale Jarrett, and Tony Stewart join Truex on the list of drivers who have taken JGR to victory lane in Charlotte.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s NASCAR Cup Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway begins Sunday, May 29, at 6 p.m. ET on FOX, PRN Radio, and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Martin Truex Jr., Driver of the No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry TRD
What do you expect going to Charlotte this weekend?
“I’m optimistic about this weekend. The racing has been pretty good on the mile-and-a-half tracks this year and I feel like we have had good speed with our team and all the Toyotas in general. It would mean a lot to run good though. The 600 is such a special race and a special weekend to be able to honor our military and thank them for all that they do for us to even be able to go out and race. We’ve been fortunate to win this race a couple times, but it would be great to be able to do it again.”