No. 20 Yahoo! Toyota Camry TRD News and Notes:
- Bell NCS at Martinsville: Christopher Bell heads to Martinsville Speedway to make his fifth NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) start at the 0.526-mile track. Bell finished seventh in the spring of 2021 at Martinsville and was on track for another top-10 finish in the fall until he got a flat tire and had to pit, he was able to earn a lead-lap 17th-place finish.
- History at Martinsville: Bell has four prior starts in the NASCAR Truck Series at Martinsville, earning two top-five and three top-10 finishes. Bell has led 112 laps at Martinsville and has never finished lower than 19th.
- On the Car: Bell will carry the purple colors of Yahoo! Saturday night at Martinsville Speedway. This is Yahoo!’s first race on the No. 20 Toyota Camry TRD and they will be featured on the car four more times in 2022.
- Richmond Recap: Bell qualified ninth and led 63 laps Sunday afternoon at Richmond Raceway. Bell had a fast No. 20 Toyota Camry TRD but came up one spot shy of a top-five finish crossing the finish line sixth.
- JGR at Martinsville Speedway: Joe Gibbs Racing has earned 13 NCS victories at Martinsville. In 154 combined starts, the organization has tallied 54 top-five finishes, 83 top-10s and 6,111 laps led.
- RACE INFO: The Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 400 at Martinsville begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 9, 2022. The race will be broadcast live on FS1, Sirius XM 90, and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Christopher Bell: “I think Martinsville is going to be full contact. Martinsville is the most like the Clash that we’ve had so those will be our best notes and we know there was a lot of contact there. I think by cutting down the distance it will add intensity to the entire race.”