● When the green flag drops on Saturday night's Blu-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500, Kevin Harvick will make his milestone 40th NASCAR Cup Series start at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. The driver of the No. 4 Busch NA Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) has the second-most starts at Martinsville among active Cup Series drivers (39). Kurt Busch leads the series with 41 Cup Series starts at the .526-mile oval. However, Busch and Harvick are Martinsville neophytes compared to NASCAR Hall of Famer and seven-time series champion Richard Petty who leads the series with 67 Cup Series starts at the track in a career that spans more than three decades (1959-1992).
● Harvick’s best Martinsville finish since joining SHR in 2014 is a pair of fifth-place finishes – Oct. 29, 2017 and March 20, 2018. That fifth-place drive in 2017 came in a No. 4 Busch NA Ford and, for the first time in four years, the Busch NA paint scheme is back on the No. 4 Ford. Busch NA is a fully-brewed, non-alcoholic beer using premium hops, barley malt, grain and water to produce a smooth, malty flavor.
● Harvick has five top-five results at Martinsville and has finished in the top-10 in half his starts at the paperclip-shaped track (19), but in his last two NASCAR Cup Series starts there, Harvick has finished 15th and 17th, respectively. If the Busch NA paint scheme can help deliver Harvick back to the top-five, he’ll take it. Speaking of delivery, Busch delivers. Get your Busch NA delivered right to your doorstep by visiting Busch.com/delivery.
● Harvick has tasted success in every type of car he has raced at Martinsville. He has a NASCAR Cup Series win, a NASCAR Xfinity Series win and three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series wins.
● Harvick’s lone NASCAR Cup Series victory at Martinsville came on April 3, 2011 when he beat Dale Earnhardt Jr., by .727 of a second. It was Harvick’s 20th Cup Series start at the track and his 16th career Cup Series victory. Harvick now has 58 career Cup Series wins and is alone at ninth on the all-time win list. Next on the all-time win list is NASCAR Hall of Famer and seven-time series champion Dale Earnhardt with 76 victories.
● Harvick is batting .1000 in the Xfinity Series at Martinsville. He earned the equivalent of a walk-off homer on July 22, 2006 when in his only Xfinity Series start at the track, he led three times for a race-high 149 laps to take the win by .271 of a second over Clint Bowyer.
● Harvick’s three Truck Series wins at Martinsville came in 17 starts. He won on March 30, 2009 (defeated Ron Hornaday Jr.), March 27, 2010 (defeated Hornaday again) and March 31, 2012 (defeated Ty Dillon).
● The Truck Series is where Harvick made his first start of any kind at Martinsville – Sept. 26, 1998 when he finished 25th. Harvick earned his first top-10 at Martinsville on April 17, 1999 in a Ford F-150 for team owner Jim Herrick.
● DYK? Harvick tested a Whelen Modified Tour car at Martinsville on Jan. 21, 2020. The Modified Tour is NASCAR’s oldest division and it is the only open-wheel series sanctioned by NASCAR. Compared to a NASCAR Cup Series car, a Tour car is 11 inches shorter in height and a little more than 23 inches wider. It also weighs nearly 800 pounds less. Harvick’s test came via Ryan Preece’s No. 6NY Tour car. Preece was the 2013 series champion and he earned the first of his 22 career Modified Tour victories at Martinsville on Sept. 20, 2008, leading 265 of the race’s 300 laps. Harvick and his company, KHI Management, represent Preece, who is now in his third full season competing in the Cup Series.