Pennzoil is taking over Las Vegas this March to host the second annual Pennzoil 400 Presented by Jiffy Lube, part of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS), at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Following the overwhelming success of last year’s inaugural race, the Pennzoil 400 Presented by Jiffy Lube will serve as the main event of an action-packed, triple-header motorsports weekend. The green flag for the Pennzoil 400 will wave on Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 12:30PM PST and the race will be broadcast live on FOX.
“At Pennzoil, we work closely with our motorsports partners to develop advanced motor oil innovation to help maximize engine performance and reliability. Race tracks like Las Vegas Motor Speedway become our Pennzoil proving grounds, where our favorite drivers push the limits of complex engines under extreme conditions. This provides the knowledge and insight that is used in our Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic line of motor oils with PurePlus® Technology, formulated from pure natural gas, which can help lead to better engine performance,” said Carlos Maurer, President, Shell Lubricants Americas. “Coming off the success that Team Penske and Joey Logano achieved last year with winning the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series championship, we at Shell and Pennzoil are thrilled to continue to push the boundaries this year at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.”
The relationship between Pennzoil and Speedway Motorsports Incorporated (SMI), owner and operator of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, allows Pennzoil to build on its already strong relationships with fans, partners and customers in Las Vegas. Joey Logano, and his rising-star teammate, Ryan Blaney, will both run the Pennzoil primary paint scheme at the race and put the cutting-edge technology of Pennzoil Synthetics on full display as they race to take the checkered flag.
“Last year’s Pennzoil 400 was the start of a great partnership with one of the most iconic brands in the history of motorsports,” said Las Vegas Motor Speedway President Chris Powell. “With revolutionary changes to the race cars, some old faces in new places and Pennzoil’s position as the reigning sponsor champion in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, this promises to be a historic and can’t-miss race weekend. We’re proud to share the stage with our friends at Shell and Pennzoil.”
2019 Pennzoil Nation Race Fan Experiences:
- Several notable show cars including Joey Logano’s 2018 MENCS Championship #22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Mustang show car, NHRA driver Matt Hagan’s Funny Car and NHRA Driver Leah Pritchett’s Top Fuel dragster and more
- Pennzoil Proving Grounds drifting experience with driver professional fun-haver and world champion drifter Vaughn Gittin Jr
- Photo opportunities with the 2018 Championship trophy, plus when fans share their photo they can get a cool prize or VIP viewing access to watch the drifting action in the Pennzoil Proving Grounds
- Live stage featuring the “Garage Boys” band with Aaron Hagar and hosted by Jeff Allen, Owner of Flat 12 Gallery
- A racing simulator for fans to try and a prize wheel for fans to spin
- Oil Change Challenge presented by Jiffy Lube where fans can get a chance to win $10 Jiffy Lube gift cards
“Jiffy Lube franchisees are excited to bring this heart-pounding national NASCAR race to consumers again this year,” said Patrick Southwick, President, Jiffy Lube International, Inc. “Jiffy Lube is known for the speed of our oil change service, so this sponsorship is an appropriate sponsorship for the brand. Additionally, this event reinforces the relationship between America’s most trusted motor oil brand Pennzoil, and the industry’s largest fast lube provider, Jiffy Lube – both on and off the track.”
For more information about technical relationships between Pennzoil and motorsports teams, visit www.Pennzoil.com. To stay up-to-date on the latest activities, be sure to ‘like’ the official Pennzoil Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/Pennzoil) and follow @Pennzoil on Twitter (www.twitter.com/Pennzoil) and Instagram (www.instagram.com/Pennzoil). #Pennzoil400 #PennzoilNation
Shell Oil Company PR