● Kevin Harvick (Started 8th, Finished 1st/ Running, completed 60 of 60 laps in Duel No. 1)
● Daniel Suárez (Started 11th, Finished 11th / Running, completed 60 of 60 laps in Duel No. 1)
● Clint Bowyer (Started 4th, Finished 2nd / Running, completed 60 of 60 laps in Duel No. 2)
● Aric Almirola (Started 9th, Finished 3rd / Running, completed 60 of 60 laps in Duel No. 2)
● Kevin Harvick started eighth in Duel No. 1 and was fourth by lap 12.
● The Busch Beer Car2Can Ford Mustang pitted for fuel only on lap 13.
● On lap 16 Harvick moved to first place, and he maintained the lead for the final 44 laps.
● This was Harvick’s second career win in the Gander Outdoors Duels. His first win came in 2013.
● Harvick earned the first win for Ford’s Mustang in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.
● Harvick scored 10 regular-season points.
● Harvick will start third in the Daytona 500. He won the 2007 Daytona 500.
● Drivers earning odd-numbered positions from Sunday’s pole qualifying session were assigned to the first Duel race. Drivers earning even-numbered positions from pole qualifying competed in the second Duel race. The starting positions for each Duel race were based on qualifying times.
Kevin Harvick, Driver of the No. 4 Busch Beer Car2Can Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“It handled good when we were behind cars. Last week taught us that we needed to have track position. They did a good job on pit road and got on and off pit road, and then we had a couple Ford Mustangs behind us, as well. Ricky (Stenhouse Jr.) and Paul (Menard) worked with us, and we were able to keep the track position, and our cars were fast enough together to keep everyone else back there. I am really proud of everybody on our Busch Beer Ford Mustang. It is a great way to get Mustang into victory lane. I gotta thank everybody from Busch and the great promotion with Car2Can with 40 cool cans that are made of my old cars. It is cool to see those in victory lane.”
The 61st Daytona 500 gets underway at 2:30 p.m. EST on Sunday, Feb. 17, with live coverage provided by FOX beginning with its prerace show at 1 p.m.