2018 Jimmie Johnson Foundation Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope Grant Recipients Announced
The Jimmie Johnson Foundation announced today the five recipients of this year’s $25,000 Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope grants. The Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope program invites fans and consumers across the country to nominate not-for-profit (501c3) organizations that support K-12 public education for the opportunity to receive one of five (5) available grant packages.
The five grant recipients are:
● Hamilton Heights Educational Foundation in Arcadia, Indiana
● Life Pieces to Masterpieces in Washington, DC
● Read Better Be Better in Phoenix
● Siouxland Ag in the Classroom in Moville, Iowa
● The Pencil Box in Tulsa, Oklahoma
The final five were selected via a week-long public vote. More than 280,000 votes were cast for the 10 semi-finalists during the voting period.
“The semi-finalist charities were so creative in how they engaged their supporters this year. They worked really hard and all of them did a great job,” said Johnson. “Chani (wife) and I are so grateful to our friends at Blue Bunny for making this opportunity available. We’re proud to be able to support the amazing work these non-profits are doing on behalf of K-12 public education.”
In addition to a $25,000 grant, each of the five recipient organizations will receive a Blue Bunny ice cream party and special recognition on Johnson’s race helmet during the NASCAR Cup Series race on July 14, 2018 at Kentucky Speedway.To date, the Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope program has contributed more than $1 million to 101 different charities.
“Congratulations to the five recipients of the 2018 Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope grants,” stated Mike Wells, President & CEO, Wells Enterprises, Inc., maker of Blue Bunny ice cream. “The rallying effort by the fans and supporters of the 10 semi-finalists is always impressive and illustrates the energy and passion around the purpose and mission of each organization. It is an honor to help each of them further the important work they are committed to around education.”
Thanks to the generosity of Wells Enterprises, Inc., the remaining five semi-finalist charities will each receive a $1,000 grant and a Blue Bunny Ice Cream party as well.
For additional information about the Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope program, visit www.helmetofhope.org.
Jimmie Johnson Foundation PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Bright, Tim Buckwalker, Scott and Bozowski in Saturday's East Coast Trenton Indoor Dirt Nationals
- Strat 200 results from Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Popular L.A. Muralist to Help Honor NASCAR Driver Jimmie Johnson
- Manscaped to sponsor Timmy Hill and MBM Motorsports at Las Vegas
- Strat 200 starting lineup at Las Vegas Motor Speedway