● Kurt Busch (Started 14th, Finished 3rd / Running, completed 75 of 75 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (Started 9th, Finished 9th / Running, completed 75 of 75 laps)
● Harvick started ninth, but dropped to 12th in the opening laps.
● The race ran under the green flag until the mandatory caution on lap 25.
● The No. 4 Busch Beer Ford Fusion stayed out and finished first in the first segment.
● Harvick pitted on lap 26 and began the final segment in 11th.
● Harvick raced in ninth when the race’s only unplanned caution fell at lap 33 for Jamie McMurray’s accident.
● The No. 4 Busch Beer team pitted again on lap 35 under caution.
● Harvick fell out of the draft on lap 45 dropping from fifth to 15th.
● Harvick never returned to the front of the field and finished ninth after avoiding a last-lap wreck.
● Field was comprised of 2017 pole winners, former Clash winners, former Daytona 500 pole winners and 2017 playoff participants. A random draw determined starting positions.
Kevin Harvick, Driver of the No. 4 Busch Beer Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
What did you learn today? “I just got myself in a couple bad spots by making moves and trying to do some things I didn’t need to be doing in a single-file race. It’s one of those things where I got myself in a bad spot, got up toward the front and then got shuffled back. I got to the back and tried to start playing around with things to try and make some progress. I went to pull up on the next to last car and I slowed down so much that I lost the draft. I just made a mistake.”
The Can-Am Duel – twin 150-mile races which will set the Daytona 500 field – takes place at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 15 with live coverage on FS1. Speedweeks at Daytona then culminates with the Daytona 500 at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 18, with live coverage provided by FOX beginning with its pre-race show at 1 p.m.