Bayne and AdvoCare “Back in Black” for the 2018 Season
Trevor Bayne’s AdvoCare Ford Fusion will sport a different look when it hits the track to begin the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) season as the famed Roush Fenway Racing No. 6 will be sporting the primary color of black.
“This new paint scheme is pretty awesome,” said Bayne. “If you look through history a lot of the great drivers have driven black race cars as their primary scheme and I am pretty excited to have one as well going into 2018. I think that this new look by AdvoCare is really great and shows that we mean business every time we head out onto the racetrack. This scheme just makes me even more excited about getting back behind the wheel in 2018.”
This new scheme marks the first time that the Roush Fenway No. 6 will be primarily black in the MENCS since the 2005 season with NASCAR Hall of Famer Mark Martin.
“It is really cool to have the No. 6 Ford black again for Roush Fenway,” added Bayne. “I know that Mark (Martin) ran really well in these colors and hopefully we can replicate that same success next season.”
Bayne, who is coming off of a 2017 campaign that saw a career-high in top-10 finishes, enters his fifth season with AdvoCare as his primary partner and his fourth with the Plano, Texas company in the MENCS.
The 2018 MENCS season kicks off with the 60th running of the Daytona 500 on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson Join GMS Racing Lineup For Select Races
- NASCAR and Blue-Emu Announce Multi-Year Official Partnership
- Bojangles', Speedway Motorsports Announce New Relationship
- Vankor extends partnership for spring NASCAR Truck race and Sprint Car Nationals at Texas Motor Speedway
- James Hinchcliffe joins NBC Sports Motorsports coverage in 2020