Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-80):
● Kurt Buschstarted 17th, finished 13th.
● Busch said his No. 41 Monster Energy/Haas Automation Ford Fusion was tight and loose during the opening laps.
● On lap 40 Busch pitted for four tires, fuel and a tire pressure adjustment while he was 12th.
● Busch stayed on the lead lap and finished 13th before pitting at the start of Stage 2.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 81-160):
● Started 12th, finished eighth and picked up three bonus points.
● Busch pitted on lap 83 for four tires, fuel and a tire pressure adjustment.
● On lap 110, Busch was in seventh and said the car was loose.
● Busch hit pit road on lap 123 while running seventh to take four tires, fuel and a wedge and tire pressure adjustment.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 161-267):
● Started eighth, finished 19th.
● Under caution on lap 163 Busch pitted for four tires, fuel and a wedge and tire pressure adjustment. He said the car was still “a tick loose.”
● Busch entered into the top-five on lap 174.
● On lap 190, Busch said he had a small vibration. He fell to 10th before pitting on lap 200 for four tires and fuel.
● Busch was caught speeding on pit road and had to serve a pass-through penalty.
● The vibration was gone, but Busch was 20th and one lap down.
● He finished the race in 19th position, two laps down.
● Busch finished eighth in Stage 2 to earn three bonus points.
● There were four caution periods for a total of 21 laps.
● Twelve of the 40 drivers in the Tales of the Turtles 400 finished on the lead lap.
● Martin Truex Jr. won the Tales of the Turtles 400 to score his 12th career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series victory, his fifth of the season and his second at Chicagoland. His margin of victory over second-place Chase Elliott was 7.179 seconds.
● Truex leads the championship standings with 2,102 points and holds a 27-point advantage over his nearest pursuer, Kyle Larson.