Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-80):
● Kevin Harvick started fourth, finished second and earned nine bonus points.
● He reported the No. 4 Ford was loose-off early in the run.
● The Jimmy John’s Ford came to pit road for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment on lap 47.
● The No. 4 teamraced to the second position by the end of the stage, then pitted for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 81-160):
● Started second, finished second and earned nine bonus points.
● The Jimmy John’s Ford raced to the lead at the start of Stage 2.
● Harvick surrendered the lead on lap 123 to pit under green-flag conditions for four tires, fuel and an air pressure and wedge adjustment.
● The pit-stop adjustments caused the No. 4 Ford to get tight in the center of the corner.
● Harvick came to pit road for four tires, fuel and a wedge adjustment at the conclusion of Stage 2.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 161-267):
● Started second, finished third.
● Harvick raced the Jimmy John’s Ford to the lead at the start of the final stage.
● The Jimmy John’s Ford led until lap 189, when Harvick reported he was loose off the corner.
● Harvick came to pit road for adjustments under caution on lap 212.
● The No. 4 gained a position on pit road, restarting second on lap 215 and finishing third as the race went green to the finish.
● Tales of the Turtles 400 at Chicagoland is the first of the 10-race playoffs to determine the 2017 NASCAR Cup Series champion.
● Harvick gained 18 bonus points by finishing second in both the first and second stages.
● Harvick led four times for 59 laps to bring his laps-led total at Chicagoland to 432.
● There were four caution periods for a total of 21 laps.
● Twelve of the 40 drivers in the Tales of the Turtles 400 finished on the lead lap.
● Martin Truex Jr. won the Tales of the Turtles 400 to score his 12th career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series victory, his series-leading fifth of the season and his second at Chicagoland. His margin of victory over second-place Chase Elliott was 7.179 seconds.