Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-100):
● Danica Patrick started 19th and finished 20th.
● Patrick battled her No. 10 Warrior by Danica Patrick/HSN.com Ford Fusion around the 19th position until she noted loose-handling conditions halfway through the stage.
● After pitting under caution for four tires, fuel and wedge adjustments, she powered her way past eight cars with only eight laps to go.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 101-200):
● Started 23rd and finished 11th.
● Patrick forced her car back inside the top-20 in the early laps of Stage 2.
● Patrick patiently battled through the field throughout the second stage, nearly entering the top-10 before the stage ended.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 201-400):
● Started 11th and finished 23rd.
● On lap 255 Patrick was struck on the left-rear quarter panel, sending her spinning into turn two. She avoided contact with the wall and drove away with minimal body damage.
● Patrick pitted on lap 330 for four tires, fuel and air pressure adjustments. She ran just outside of the top-20 for the remainder of the race.
● This was Patrick’s 10th Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start at Richmond (Va.) Raceway and her 180th career NASCAR Cup Series start.
● There were seven caution periods for a total of 38 laps.
● Nineteen of the 39 drivers in the Federated Auto Parts 400 finished on the lead lap.
● Kyle Larson won the Federated Auto Parts 400 to score his fifth career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series victory, his fourth of the season and his first at Richmond. He led runner-up Joey Logano across the finish line as the race ended under caution.
● Martin Truex Jr. leads the championship standings with 2,053 points and has a 20-point margin over his nearest pursuer, Larson.
The next event on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series schedule – the first race of the playoffs – is the Sept. 17 Tale of the Turtles 400 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois. The event starts at 3 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by NBCSN.