As the 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series™ season rolls on, Mobil 1TM, the Official Motor Oil of NASCAR, is providing fans with a lighthearted look into Tony Stewart’s first year as full-time co-owner of Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) with the release of the “Tony’s Next Year” digital video series.
In the comedic series, Stewart stars alongside SHR’s four NASCAR drivers – Kevin Harvick, Danica Patrick, Clint Bowyer and Kurt Busch – as he traverses the day-to-day challenges of office work. The series spans a full year following Stewart’s retirement, representing the one full year – or 20,000 miles, whichever comes first – that Mobil 1 Annual Protection motor oil offers between oil changes.
“It’s been fun participating in another Mobil 1 video series, especially for an exciting new product like Mobil 1 Annual Protection motor oil. Last year I explored post-NASCAR racing hobbies in ‘Tony’s Next Chapter’ and I can’t wait for fans to check out the continuation of that series,” Stewart said. “But as you’ll see in the ‘Tony’s Next Year’ series, I’ve had to put those potential hobbies on the backburner while I focus on more important things as a full-time boss…like Taco Tuesday.”
“Tony’s Next Year” launched before the June 25 road-course race at Sonoma Raceway and will include six installments:
- Debuted in June:
- “Uncle Smoke” – Harvick and his son Keelan watch as Tony makes some important photo copies
- To be released in July:
- “Employee Perks” – Tony announces some changes to the employee breakroom during a staff meeting
- “Learning to Type” – Tony has trouble finding a letter on the keyboard
- “Taco Tuesday” – Tony interrupts a board meeting to make an important announcement
- “Conference Calls” – Tony leads Bowyer and Busch in a hold music jam session prior to a conference call
- “Setting An Example” – Tony brings his “kid” to work
“We know race fans are very interested in how Tony’s been doing during his first year since retiring from professional stock car driving, so we thought it would be fitting to give them a glimpse in a fun way,” said Kai Decker, global sponsorship manager at ExxonMobil. “We hope fans of Tony and the Stewart-Haas Racing team enjoy this lighthearted video series.”
The “Tony’s Next Year” videos will be featured on the Mobil 1 and SHR Facebook pages and Twitter, alongside the Mobil 1 YouTube channel. For more information on Mobil 1 Annual Protection motor oil please visit Mobil1.com/AnnualProtection.
Mobile 1 Racing PR