Stage 1: Laps 1-60
- Started 33rd , finished 31st
- Caution Lap 8: Running 32nd. Whitt relayed handling was "free". Crew Chief Frank Kerr kept Whitt out on track and he restarted 24th.
- Competition Caution flag waved on Lap 25. Whitt was running 31st reporting the car was "edgy in and quick to slide the right rear." Whitt pitted for four tires, wedge adjustment, packer taken from the left front, tape on the grille and fuel. He rejoined the field 30th to take the restart.
- Stage 1 Completion Caution: Finished 31st. Whitt had gone a lap down and was struggling with loss of front and rear grip. He pitted for four tires, fuel and air pressure adjustment in the right rear, restarting 33rd, one lap down from the leader to start Stage 2.
Stage 2: Concluded on Lap 120
- The handling of the RTIC Coolers No. 72 became "tight". Crew Chief Frank Kerr elected to bring Whitt to pit under green flag for four tires, fuel and chassis adjustment; sending him back out 35th.
- Stage 2 Completion Caution: Finished 34th. Reporting he was all over the splitter and was experiencing an "all over vibration, Whitt was advised to save fuel until the decision was made to bring him to pit road for four tires, addition of a left front packer and fuel, remaining 34th , two laps down from the leader as he rejoined the field to start Stage 3.
Stage 3: Concluded on Lap 200
- Whitt was continuing to run 33rd, he radioed on lap 149 the RTIC Coolers No. 72 was "edgy and had not changed since the last adjustments".
- With a caution on Lap 151, Whitt stayed out for track position and was advised to save fuel. With the restart, he was posted 32nd, one lap down from the leader.
- Pitting under green on lap 171, Whitt received right side tires, and fuel. He was then scored 33rd on the leaderboard, two laps down from the leader.
- On Lap 182, under caution, Whitt pitted for four tires, fuel and air pressure adjustment. He cycled back to 31st, 3 laps down. Whitt maintained that position until the conclusion of the FireKeepers Casino 400 at Michigan International Speedway.
The Monster Energy NASCAR Series will compete June 25, 2017 at Sonoma Raceway