Stage 1 Recap (Ended at Lap 80):
● Started 30th, finished 13th.
● Drove to front of the field while telling crew his Ford needed more rear grip.
● Crew made several adjustments during pit stops throughout stage to improve handling issues.
Stage 2 Recap (Ended at Lap 160):
● Started 10th, finished 20th.
● Rear grip issues still plagued No. 14, so Bowyer pitted on lap 104 for right-rear spring rubber and dropped to 26th.
● Took over first place at lap 140 after leaders pitted during caution.
● On restart the No. 14 fell back to 20th.
Final Stage Recap (Ended at Lap 267):
●Started 22nd, finished ninth.
●Continued to make handling changes during pit stops to improve rear grip throughout final stage.
●Raced in 16th with 20 laps remaining, then avoided several near wrecks in the final laps to post ninth-place finish.
● Led once for three laps, increasing his season total to 13 and career total to 2,351 laps led.
● Finish marked Bowyer’s fifth top-10 of the season and sixth at Kansas Speedway.
Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 14 Mobil 1 Annual Protection Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“We had a lot of fun in Kansas this weekend, but I wish we could have run better. My guys worked hard all race tonight, but we just couldn’t find the rear grip we needed. A lot of us were fighting that all race long. We’ll take it and go on to Charlotte.”