Stage 1 Recap (Ended on Lap 55):
● Kevin Harvick started sixth, finished 28th.
● Jimmy John’s Ford Fusion led lap 24 and raced in the top-five for the first 30 laps.
● Reported a vibration on lap 40 and fell back to midpack.
● Pitted at the conclusion of the stage for multiple extended stops to diagnose and attempt to correct the vibration.
Stage 2 Recap (Ended on Lap 110):
● Started 25th, finished second, earning nine bonus points.
● Pitted under caution from the 19th position on lap 84 for four tires and fuel. He restarted 26th on lap 86.
● Joined the top-five on lap 95 and raced up to the second position on lap 97.
● Pitted at the conclusion of Stage 2 for four tires and fuel. He returned to the track as the first car on four new tires.
Final Stage Recap (Ended on Lap 188):
● Started fourth, finished 23rd.
● Pitted from the fourth position on lap 150 for four tires and fuel.
● Returned to the track on lap 151 at the tail end of the lead pack in the 20th position.
● Narrowly avoided a wreck directly in front of him on lap 160 and stayed out under the caution to gain track position.
● Collected in an 18-car accident on lap 170 and suffered damage to the right front of the car, causing the team to pit twice for repairs.
● Suffered a cut right-front tire on the following restart and was forced to pit under green, causing him to lose a lap.
● Was awarded the free pass on lap 187 and finished as the last car on the lead lap in overtime.
● Harvick led three times for 15 laps to bring his laps-led total at Talladega to 202 and season laps-led total to 459.
● There were eight caution periods for a total of 33 laps.
● Twenty-three drivers finished on the lead lap.
Kevin Harvick, driver of the No. 4 Jimmy John’s Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
DID YOU EVER FIGURE OUT WHAT THE VIBRATION ENDED UP BEING? “I really don’t know what it was, but it stayed with us all day. I didn’t know what to do. To have a car that can lead laps and run up front, this time we just happened to wreck up front. Solid performance from the Jimmy John’s team, just bad luck.”