Stage 1 Recap (Ended at Lap 55):
● Started 17th, finished 13th.
● Climbed to seventh in opening laps before a fuel-only stop on lap 17 moved Bowyer to the lead.
● Led eight laps during segment, the first laps the No. 14 has led this season.
Stage 2 Recap (Ended at Lap 110):
● Started 11th, finished 28th.
● Lap-84 pit stop moved Bowyer to seventh.
● Bowyer led two laps in Stage 2 before he was shuffled out of the draft in closing laps to finish 28th.
Final Stage Recap (Ended at Lap 188):
●Started 35th after uncontrolled-tire penalty on pit stop before green flag.
● Restarted the race in 19th with 24 laps remaining after pitting for four tires and fuel under caution.
● Raced in the top-five in the closing laps, but tire damage forced a pit stop, dropping Bowyer to 23rd to begin overtime.
● Avoided by inches a 16-car wreck with 19 to go.
● Bowyer has now led 2,348 laps in his career.
Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 14 Haas Automation Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“It was an up and down day for us. We had a really fast Ford Fusion, and I wish we could have had a chance to be up there racing with those guys in the end. But it was cool to lead some laps again.”