Stage 1 Recap (Ended at Lap 100):
● Started eighth, finished ninth to earn two race points.
● Bowyer, like most drivers, battled with a loose racecar in the opening laps.
● After chassis changes during pit stop, Bowyer reported car wouldn’t turn.
Stage 2 Recap (Ended at Lap 200):
● Started seventh, finished eighth to earn three race points.
● Crew said after adjustments Bowyer’s lap times were a tenth-of-a-second faster.
● Bowyer climbed as high as sixth midway through the stage.
Final Stage Recap (Ended at Lap 400):
●Started sixth, finished 15th.
●Bowyer turned in top-five times throughout stage.
●Commitment lane violation while entering pits with 81 laps to go and the drive-through penalty dropped Bowyer to 26th.
●Bowyer returned to lead lap with 52 to go racing in 19th.
●Contact with Ty Dillon coming to pit road caused significant damage to the front end of Bowyer’s car.
● Bowyer rallied to 15th in closing laps.
● Temperatures of 90 degrees outside and 140 degrees inside the car Sunday afternoon made for challenging conditions for all drivers.
● Bowyer gained positions on nearly every pit stop during the 400-lap race.
Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 14 Haas Automation Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“No doubt we’re disappointed. We were going to have a top-10 and maybe a top-five today. Everyone is trying hard. Car was good, and we had great pit stops today.”