Stage 1 Recap (Ended at Lap 130):
● Started eighth, finished 10th to earn one race point.
● Suffered minor front-end damage on lap three, then reported throughout stage his car had no rear grip.
● Dropped as far back as 15th, then rallied back to 10th in the closing laps of the stage.
Stage 2 Recap (Ended at Lap 260):
● Started 26th, finished 14th.
● Dropped to 26th before start of Stage 2 after stop to add a rear spring rubber to help handling.
● Stage 2 ran without caution; Bowyer drove by 12 cars under green-flag conditions and battled to stay on lead lap as race wound down.
Final Stage Recap (Ended at Lap 500):
● Started 13th, finished seventh.
● Dropped to 16th after suffering front and rear damage in a lap-287 multicar accident.
● After repairs, Bowyer climbed as high as fourth in the closing laps.
● Rain canceled Friday’s qualifying session. The starting lineup was set by current 2017 owner points, per the NASCAR rulebook.
● The race marked Bowyer’s fifth consecutive top-13 and third top-10 finish in 2017.
Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 14 Haas Automation Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“We were just a little bit off today, but everybody kept working hard and didn’t give up. We really wanted to lead laps and take home the grandfather clock (winner’s trophy), so we are disappointed. We are still learning and getting better each week. This is a really good team, and SHR is a great organization. We’re going to get better and better as the season goes on.”
The next event on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 on Sunday, April 9 at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth. The race starts at 1:30 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by FOX.