Stage 1 Recap (Ended on Lap 60):
● Started 17th, finished sixth to earn five race points.
● Moved to 10th by lap 16.
● Car excelled on long runs as Bowyer managed his tires on ultra-fast track.
Stage 2 Recap (Ended on Lap 120):
● Started third, finished fourth to earn seven race points.
● Dropped to sixth early in stage, but climbed as high as second.
● Turned fastest lap on the track several times during stage that ran without a caution.
Final Stage Recap (Ended on Lap 202):
● Started fourth, finished third.
● Climbed to third with 60 to go and survived several late cautions.
● Started seventh in overtime and drove to third.
● Race marked first time Bowyer earned race points for top-10 finishes in consecutive stages.
● Bowyer’s second top-10 and first top-five finish in 2017.
● First top-three since third-place finish in July 2015 at Daytona International Speedway.
Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 14 Rush Truck Centers Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“It was just a good weekend. I appreciate everybody’s hard work at Stewart-Haas Racing. Having these teammates and having this group behind you, the organization and the teamwork, it’s just amazing to be a part of it at this point in my career. Thanks to Rush Truck Centers for making this possible, Gene Haas and Tony Stewart for giving me this opportunity. It means a lot to me to be in this 14. I have a lot of fun with these guys. Buga (crew chief Mike Bugarewicz) and all these guys mean business. It’s a confidence thing right now, a momentum-builder, and we’re getting closer. Obviously, this is a good track for me. I wanted to win that damn thing, but to come home with the wild finish and everything that it was, we’ll take it."