Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-75):
● Danica Patrick started 26th and finished 27th.
● The No. 10 TaxAct Ford Fusion was scored as high as 22nd during the first segment of the race, but dropped back to 27th as Patrick struggled with a car that was too unstable on corner entry.
● Crew chief Billy Scott called Patrick to pit road twice during Stage 1 for tires, fuel, wedge and air pressure adjustments to help improve the car’s handling.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 75-150):
● Patrick started 22nd and finished 20th.
● At the start of the run, Patrick noted the car’s handling was loose in and tight in the center of the corner. The team made a wedge adjustment under caution at lap 119 and at the end of the stage she reported the car was better that run.
● When Stage 2 ended, the team pitted for tires, fuel and adjustments.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 151-314):
● Patrick started 21st and finished 22nd.
● The No. 10 TaxAct Ford team pitted three times during the last stage of the race. On each trip to pit road they took four tires and fuel, and made chassis and air pressure adjustments to help improve the car’s handling.
● While Patrick dropped to 28th with about 60 laps to go, she was able to rally back in the final laps to take the checkered flag in 22nd.
● Patrick’s finish of 22nd earned the team 15 points, giving her a total of 52 points. That puts Patrick 29th in the driver point standings.
● Patrick’s Stewart-Haas Racing teammate Kevin Harvick earned a sixth-place finish in Sunday’s race. As a result, with TaxAct’s “Premium Finish” promotion, NASCAR fans can file their 2016 federal and state tax returns using the TaxAct Online Premium Bundle for only $10 (currently priced at $70). This gives filers access to the federal and state forms needed to complete their TaxAct Online return no matter how complex their tax situation, all in, for $10 (offer and pricing subject to change). Filers can lock in their “Premium Finish” price online by visiting TaxAct.com/Ten and the applicable discounted pricing offer is available through Saturday, March 25. With TaxAct’s Price Lock Guarantee, filers are guaranteed to pay the price offered for its online products at the time they register, no matter when they choose to file. TaxAct will offer additional opportunities for NASCAR fans to file returns with “Premium Finish” pricing for the NASCAR Cup Series races up to the tax filing deadline on April 18, 2017.
Danica Patrick, driver of the No. 10 TaxAct Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“The TaxAct Ford started out loose in and tight in the center. It was alright in the middle stages of the race, but in the final segment it just took too long to come in during the runs and we lost a ton of ground. We were able to pick some spots back up late in the run and then it took off pretty good on the last restart. I have to thank the guys for doing a great job in the pits all day.”