After millions watch as a new champion is crowned at Homestead-Miami Speedway, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series trophy will make its way to Las Vegas for postseason celebrations as NASCAR hosts its annual Champion’s Week festivities. Fans across the nation will gather for a week of events honoring the 2016 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion, the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers, the NASCAR Sunoco Rookie of the Year and numerous other season-ending award winners.
Beginning Tuesday, Nov. 29 and culminating on Friday, Dec. 2, NASCAR Champion’s Week will feature events including the Motorsports Marketing Forum presented by SportsBusiness Journal at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, and the annual NASCAR National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA) Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon at Wynn Las Vegas. Guests can visit the NASCAR Fan Lounge at Beerhaus Presented by Coors Light at The Park just outside New York-New York Hotel & Casino throughout the week for information on the Champion’s Week schedule and details about how to secure access to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards red carpet.
On Thursday, Dec. 1, the 16 Chase drivers will get behind the wheel on Las Vegas Boulevard for NASCAR Victory Lap Fueled by Sunoco, followed by NASCAR After The Lap Sponsored by Chevrolet, Ford & Toyota. That evening, Coors Light will once again present the NASCAR Silver Bullet Bash at XS at Encore Las Vegas to celebrate the end of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season. The private event will feature a special live performance by American Authors, best-known for hit songs “Best Day of My Life” and “What We Live For.”
Festivities will conclude with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards, a black-tie event featuring the Champion, 16 Chase drivers, special guests and celebrity performers at Wynn Las Vegas. NBCSN presents this year’s awards Friday, Dec. 2, at 9 p.m. ET, while Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, channel 90 will carry the show live at 8 p.m. ET.
For more information on NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week in Las Vegas, please visit ChampionsWeek.NASCAR.com.
NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES CHAMPION’S WEEK EVENTS
All times are Pacific time unless otherwise noted.
Tuesday, Nov. 29
- NASCAR Live: Motor Racing Network will broadcast a special one-hour show featuring interviews with the 2016 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion and crew chief to discuss their journey throughout the Chase. Fans can tune-in with host Mike Bagley from 4 – 5 p.m. for an in-depth look at their road to the championship.
Wednesday, Nov. 30 – Thursday, Dec. 1
- Motorsports Marketing Forum: The annual event presented by SportsBusiness Journal brings together industry decision-makers again this year for a comprehensive business forum on the state of motorsports. The forum will be held at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. Click here to register for required media credentials.
- NASCAR Fan Lounge at Beerhaus Presented by Coors Light: Located at The Park just outside New York-New York, fans can enjoy giveaways, special appearances and check out the cars of the 16 Chase drivers at the NASCAR Fan Lounge at Beerhaus. Presented by Coors Light, the fan headquarters will also feature music and photo opportunities with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series trophy.
Thursday, Dec. 1
- NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon: The annual awards luncheon and industry gathering will take place from 11 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. at Wynn Las Vegas, where several team and individual awards will be presented. Hosted by Mike Joy, the event will be live-streamed on NASCAR.com.
- NASCAR Victory Lap Fueled by Sunoco: All 16 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers will parade their race cars down Las Vegas Boulevard and perform burnouts beginning at the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino and finishing in front of The Park. Fans can catch pre-race introductions hosted by Jamie Little at 2:45 p.m. followed by green flag at 3:30 p.m. For a list of burnout locations, fans can visit the NASCAR Fan Lounge at Beerhaus or ChampionsWeek.NASCAR.com. The event will be simulcast live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio and NASCAR.com.
- NASCAR After The Lap Sponsored by Chevrolet, Ford & Toyota: Beginning at 5 p.m., all 16 Chase Challengers will appear on stage at the Pearl Theater inside the Palms Casino Resort for NASCAR After The Lap sponsored by Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota. Hosted by Rutledge Wood and restauranteur Guy Fieri, fans can watch live by purchasing tickets here or tune-in to NASCAR.com and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio for behind-the-scenes insight into the drivers’ lives both on and off the track.
- NASCAR Silver Bullet Bash Presented by Coors Light: To commemorate and celebrate the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season and toast the 2016 Champion, Coors Light will host the NASCAR Silver Bullet Bash starting at 10 p.m. in XS at Encore Las Vegas. Recording artists American Authors will give a special performance at the invite-only event.
Friday, Dec. 2
- Claire B. Lang’s annual Championship Year in Review on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, Channel 90: SiriusXM NASCAR Radio host Claire B. Lang will be joined by the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion, crew chief, team owner and team members live from 1 – 3 p.m. for a two-hour retrospective on their championship-winning season.
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards: This exclusive black-tie celebration will be held at Wynn Las Vegas, where the 2016 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion, team owner and other Chase drivers will be honored. The red carpet will take place at 4 p.m. followed by the awards show at 5 p.m. NBCSN presents complete coverage from Wynn Las Vegas beginning at 7 p.m. ET with “NASCAR America,” followed by red carpet coverage at 8 p.m. ET and subsequent coverage of the 2016 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards at 9 p.m. ET. Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, channel 90 will broadcast the show live at 8 p.m. ET.