Wood Brothers Racing won at Watkins Glen International back in 1965 and look to visit victory lane with the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team this weekend at the Cheez-It 355 at the Glen.
The late Marvin Panch drove the Wood’s historic No. 21 at that ’65 Watkins Glen race. Rookie Ryan Blaney takes the wheel this time around. It is his first NASCAR race of any kind at the scenic New York road course.
The last time the No. 21 competed at Watkins Glen was in 2008 with Marcos Ambrose at the controls. He finished in third place.
“It’ll be a neat experience going to the Glen for the first time. It’s always been a favorite of mine to watch and I’m looking forward to racing there.”
Ford Performance PR
Rookie Blaney Ready for His First Experience at Watkins Glen in Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Kansas Lottery 300 results from Kansas Speedway
- RIDLEY’S ROAD: New York Sportsman Ace Set for Big Stage at the Drydene World Short Track Championship
- Flowdynamics Sprint Car Team Back in Action Saturday at Perris Auto Speedway
- E. Schneider & Sons Scrap Metal to sponsor Modified Bonus Back Draw for Mahoning Valley Speedway Fall Brawl
- Impressive Contingencies, Big Names Expected for Drydene World Short Track Championship