Rookie driver Ryan Blaney will be the most-experienced member of the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta this Saturday night during the Quaker State 400.
Wood Brothers Racing has never run more than practice and tire test laps at the track while Blaney has two NASCAR XFINITY Series wins (2013 and 2015) and three top-five finishes in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in the Bluegrass State.
Even with that experience under his belt, Blaney and all of the series’ drivers will face a newly re-paved racing surface and additional banking in two of the track’s four corners.
The Wood Brothers roll into Kentucky after a hard-fought 14th-place finish that put Blaney back into contention for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, 15th in the driver points standings.
“Kentucky has been a good track for me in past years. With the repave I'm not sure how that will affect everything. But I think our team will be on top of it with the test we had there a few weeks back.”
Ford Performance PR
Blaney Brings Record of Success at Kentucky to Quaker State 400
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- SRX Racing Announces Lucas Oil as Preferred Oil Partner
- WWE Global Ambassador Titus O’Neil Named Grand Marshal of Indy 500 Snake Pit Presented by Coors Light
- Chicken Cock Whiskey Racing: Cole Custer Charlotte Advance
- Mason Filippi Joins DGM Racing at Portland
- FedEx Racing Express Facts – Charlotte Motor Speedway