NSCS Kentucky Starts: 0
Best Kentucky Finish: N/A
"Kentucky will be completely new with the repave. We’ll have some test data from when we tested there a couple weeks ago. I remember being there last year for XFINITY and I liked the character that the place had. It was a little rough, but no worse than a lot of places we go to. So, everything’s up in the air. But we’re all in the same boat. We’re all going to see it for the first time and wonder what we did right in how well it drives right off the truck or what we did wrong to try to get around the race track that is now smooth and has more banking.
“I like the character in these race tracks. A lot of these places we go to are a lot of fun just because the asphalt has aged. There is a limit between asphalt losing grip and just having bumps that are hard to handle. When it gets to the point where you can’t get around a race track because of bumps, sometimes something does have to be done.
"One of the cool things about Kentucky Speedway is there's a Love's right next to the track. We'll be there Friday morning at 9 to sign autographs and meet some fans stopping in before they go to the race track. Then we'll climb into our Love's Travel Stops Ford Fusion and turn some laps on the new surface for the first time. We're looking forward to it."
Chris Buescher Kentucky Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- GMS Racing Camping World Truck Series Watkins Glen Preview
- Gilliland Thinks It’s Great for Truck Series to Return to Watkins Glen
- Sam Hunt Racing to Field Two Entries at Indianapolis Road Course; Will Rodgers to Run Second Entry
- Wicked Fast Sprint Cars Headed To Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway Saturday
- Watkins Glen Offers Kraus Final Shot At Playoffs