The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company will customize its iconic Goodyear Eagle race tires for the seventh consecutive year to support the U.S. Armed Forces.
Goodyear, the Official Tire of NASCAR, will replace the “Eagle” logo on the sidewalls of its race tires with “Support Our Troops” messaging on tires used during all NASCAR races at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in May. The NASCAR industry kicks off its annual military tribute, NASCAR: An American Salute™, leading up to the Coca-Cola 600 on May 29.
“Support for the military is part of the fabric of our company,” said Stu Grant, Goodyear's general manager of global racing. “Goodyear's rich history of making tires for the U.S. Armed Forces is a source of pride for our associates -- especially the many that have served -- and these tires are a reflection of our deep respect for all Military branches.”
Goodyear has more than 100 years of history building innovative tires and equipment to help support and protect U.S. troops and is the largest producer of military tires in the country. The company was recently recognized as a Military Friendly Employer by G.I. Jobs magazine for its leadership in hiring and supporting veterans. In 2014, Goodyear surpassed a three-year goal of hiring 1,000 veterans and since then, Goodyear has renewed the commitment to hiring another 1,000 veterans over three years.
Goodyear Racing PR
Goodyear Transforms NASCAR Race Tires to Honor U.S. Military
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Ryan Reed to Compete for GMS Racing at Darlington Raceway
- GMS Racing Camping World Trucks Darlington Preview
- South Boston Speedway, An Industry Leader in Short Track Safety, Conducts Real-World Track Services Training Class
- Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway to Host Exciting Racing Action This Weekend
- 2022 Next Gen Mustang Poised to Help Drive NASCAR Cup Series into the Future with All-New Technology