The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company will customize its iconic Goodyear Eagle race tires for the seventh consecutive year to support the U.S. Armed Forces.
Goodyear, the Official Tire of NASCAR, will replace the “Eagle” logo on the sidewalls of its race tires with “Support Our Troops” messaging on tires used during all NASCAR races at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in May. The NASCAR industry kicks off its annual military tribute, NASCAR: An American Salute™, leading up to the Coca-Cola 600 on May 29.
“Support for the military is part of the fabric of our company,” said Stu Grant, Goodyear's general manager of global racing. “Goodyear's rich history of making tires for the U.S. Armed Forces is a source of pride for our associates -- especially the many that have served -- and these tires are a reflection of our deep respect for all Military branches.”
Goodyear has more than 100 years of history building innovative tires and equipment to help support and protect U.S. troops and is the largest producer of military tires in the country. The company was recently recognized as a Military Friendly Employer by G.I. Jobs magazine for its leadership in hiring and supporting veterans. In 2014, Goodyear surpassed a three-year goal of hiring 1,000 veterans and since then, Goodyear has renewed the commitment to hiring another 1,000 veterans over three years.
Goodyear Racing PR
Goodyear Transforms NASCAR Race Tires to Honor U.S. Military
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Students from SLAM Miami Charter School, Created by Pitbull, to Perform National Anthem for Contender Boats 250 at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- March 7 Pennzoil 400 at LVMS is sold out
- Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series California Swing Called Off
- Football Standouts with Miami Ties – Dolphins’ Tua Tagovailoa and FOX NFL Analyst Jonathan Vilma - to Serve as Honorary Officials for Dixie Vodka 400
- World Wide Technology Raceway to host two job fairs in preparation for the 2021 season