This weekend the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series visits Dover International Speedway, a one-mile, concrete oval where Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing feels confident in securing a strong run.
NASCAR veteran driver Michael McDowell will pilot the No. 95 WRL General Contractors Chevrolet SS during the AAA 400 Drive for Autism race weekend.
McDowell has 11 starts at Dover during his nine-year NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career with a best finish of 29th in 2008. His last time competing at the one-mile speedway was in 2013 as Leavine Family Racing ran only a partial schedule in 2014 and 2015.
“I tested at this track in 2014, but haven’t raced there in a while,” said McDowell. “I think it’s going to be a good race. This track is similar to Bristol and we can have a good run there. So, I’m looking forward to this race weekend for the No. 95 team.”
Prior to hitting the track, McDowell will volunteer with Thrivent Financial members and Central Delaware Habitat for Humanity to repair an Air Force veteran’s home on Thursday morning in the Dover, Del. area. The group will repair siding and install new windows at the home alongside volunteers from the Dover Air Force base.
In addition, the No. 95 Chevrolet will display the Autism Delaware decal during the race as part of the track’s partnership with the foundation and to raise awareness for autism.
The AAA 400 Drive for Autism will take place on Sunday, May 15 at 1:00 p.m. ET. Race fans can tune-in to FS1 or MRN for coverage. The team will post race weekend updates via Twitter at @CSLFR95.
Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing looks to Conquor the Monster Mile
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Watkins Glen Is Special To Daniel Suárez
- Jordan Anderson Racing NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race Overview- Watkins Glen International
- Legendary Broadcaster, IMS Hall of Fame Member Page to Sign New Autobiography at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum Friday, Aug. 13
- NASCAR at Watkins Glen and Indycar Music City Grand Prix in Nashville Highlight NBC Sports’ Motorsports Coverage This Weekend
- GMS Racing Statement - Chase Purdy