Michael McDowell and the No. 95 Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing team persevered through a challenging weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway. With primary sponsor K-LOVE Radio on board, the team battled with the handling of the race car all weekend long and after qualifying 31st for the Food City 500, the No. 95 crossed the finish line for a 29th-place finish in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
The Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing team worked hard on race day trying to adjust the car handling for McDowell, who was fighting tight and loose conditions on the track. During the first half of the race, the team and driver worked hard to stay on the lead lap and earned the Lucky Dog spot multiple times.
Unfortunately, during the second half of the race McDowell had two issues that handicapped the team. With another car wrecking in front of him, McDowell knocked out the toe of the No. 95 Chevrolet and the team had to pit twice under caution to fix the issue. The diligence of the team paid off as the car felt “like normal” on the next run.
Then, on Lap 380, McDowell reported a bad vibration in the car. Thinking a tire was coming apart the team pitted under green, ultimately finding a small cut in the right front tire. With just over 100 laps remaining in the race, the team did not have time to fully recover from the unscheduled pit stop and finished 29th.
Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing will take on Richmond International Raceway this Sunday, April 24 for the Toyota Owners 400. Fans can follow the team on Twitter @CSLFR95 for updates.
Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing Faces True Battle at Bristol
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Stafford Launches Lap Sponsors & Commemorative Poster for the 50th Running of NAPA Spring Sizzler; Full Race Purse Released
- Petty GMS Motorsports to Compete with Two Full-Time Teams in the NASCAR Cup Series
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course season passes and event tickets go on sale tomorrow for 2022 races
- Matt Scappini Goes From Snow to Asphalt to Win R.A.D. Auto Machine Limited Late Model Rookie of the Year Honors at Stafford
- Kris Wright to Complete the Niece Motorsports 2022 Driver Lineup