Statement from Tommy Baldwin Racing on the release of Alex Bowman
The business of NASCAR is no different than any other professional sport. There are a lot of moving parts and pieces behind the scenes that fans and media don’t see. Decisions are made carefully over a period of time and are influenced by many factors.
As the competition and business models change in NASCAR, it’s the responsibility of teams to make decisions accordingly. We felt that we needed to make some changes, and the driver was one of them.
The circumstances surrounding Alex’s release via social media was unfortunate and certainly unintentional. The culture of doing business in motorsports has become more complex and involves many parties such as agents, business managers, attorneys and sponsors. A comment in passing may be overheard and subsequently conveyed to the media.
Our intention, as it always is, was to follow business protocol and notify Alex and his management of our decision. Again, it’s unfortunate that confidentiality was compromised, and the news delivered in this manner.
Alex Bowman is a talented, young race car driver. He has a good future ahead of him. We appreciate his time with us and wish him well.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Round two of NASCAR weekly action streamed live in Roseville this Sat
- Death Wish Coffee Teams up with Front Row Motorsports to "Thank A Trucker"
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes - Daytona International Speedway Road Course
- Richmond Raceway Partners with Virginia Tourism Corporation on NASCAR Xfinity Series Entitlement for Virginia is for Racing Lovers 250
- Encore drive-in nights presents Metallica's first show of 2020 at TMS