"Homestead is fun, and each year it gets a little more challenging. You're always chasing the track, throughout a run and as the weather changes throughout the race. You've got options, you can pass, and as a race car driver, that's what makes a racetrack fun. You're not married to one groove.
"I'm really excited to have the Florida Lottery back on our car for this race. They were on our car for the Daytona race in July, and we had a great time with them. We know there's a big prize at stake on track this weekend, but there are also some pretty big prizes you can win with the Florida Lottery. So, everybody needs to stop and buy a ticket or two and 'just imagine.'"
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has nine Sprint Cup starts at Homestead Miami Speedway ... His best finish at the track is 25th (2010) ... Florida Lottery returns to the No. 38 Ford for the second time this season as primary sponsor ... Gilliland will sign autographs at the Ford Performance display on Friday at 2:15 p.m. with his Front Row Motorsports teammates ... The driver will be at the Florida Lottery display Saturday at 11:45 a.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Ford EcoBoost 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dixon Runs Away from Field for Breakthrough Victory on IMS Road Course in GMR Grand Prix
- Vandyke earns third straight win, Canter, Dockery, Helton, Phelps and Barnes also visit victory lane
- Bristol Motor Speedway's TN Strong to be sold at Food City stores and during NASCAR All-Star race
- Pennzoil 150 results from Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Avedisian locks into John Hinck feature, will race for $20k tonight