"Homestead is fun, and each year it gets a little more challenging. You're always chasing the track, throughout a run and as the weather changes throughout the race. You've got options, you can pass, and as a race car driver, that's what makes a racetrack fun. You're not married to one groove.
"I'm really excited to have the Florida Lottery back on our car for this race. They were on our car for the Daytona race in July, and we had a great time with them. We know there's a big prize at stake on track this weekend, but there are also some pretty big prizes you can win with the Florida Lottery. So, everybody needs to stop and buy a ticket or two and 'just imagine.'"
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has nine Sprint Cup starts at Homestead Miami Speedway ... His best finish at the track is 25th (2010) ... Florida Lottery returns to the No. 38 Ford for the second time this season as primary sponsor ... Gilliland will sign autographs at the Ford Performance display on Friday at 2:15 p.m. with his Front Row Motorsports teammates ... The driver will be at the Florida Lottery display Saturday at 11:45 a.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Ford EcoBoost 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- With 75 years of history, Richmond Raceway is ready to greet fans once again
- Tony Stewart Scores $12,000 Thursday Night Thunder Victory with Last Corner Pass at Virginia Motor Speedway, Daniel Parker Takes Sri Dirt Cup Challenge Ump Modified Win
- NASCAR Hall of Fame Adds 1992 Alan Kulwicki Championship Car to its Collection
- Young’s Motorsports Richmond Raceway Team Preview
- Five-Time Track Champion Brian Brown to Pilot No. 51 Casey’s General Stores/Rowdy Energy Tundra at Knoxville