"I love racing at Phoenix. It's kind of a home track for me. Growing up watching my dad race, I spent a lot of time out there, and I've got a lot of friends and family out there. And I love the racetrack. It's different. It's not your average, typical oval. Turns 1 and 2 are different than 3 and 4, and then you've got the dogleg in the back. It's very unique, but it's a lot of fun. I'm eager to get our Love's Travel Stops Ford on track Friday.
"This is going to be a special weekend because my son, Todd, will be making his debut in the K&N Series, racing on Thursday. A lot of people from the west coast who supported me when I was getting started racing are going to be there supporting Todd. I've won there in the K&N Series, and I'm excited now for him to get the chance."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 18 Sprint Cup starts at Phoenix International Raceway ... He has one top-15 and two top-20 finishes at the track in the desert ... His best finish at the one-mile oval is 15th (2008) ... The Love's Travel Stops colors return to the No. 38 Ford for the Phoenix race, promoting TirePass.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Racing with a Cause: StarCom Racing to Partner with Three Charities for Watkins Glen Race
- Ross Chastain to Drive No. 1 Chevrolet for Trackhouse Racing, Will Join Daniel Suárez as Teammate in 2022 Cup Series Season
- GMS Racing ARCA Watkins Glen Preview
- Dead On Tools Announces Multi-race Sponsorship with Brett Moffitt and Our Motorsports
- ‘Let Hope Shine’ Event on Sept. 22 to Honor Cancer Fighters