"I love racing at Phoenix. It's kind of a home track for me. Growing up watching my dad race, I spent a lot of time out there, and I've got a lot of friends and family out there. And I love the racetrack. It's different. It's not your average, typical oval. Turns 1 and 2 are different than 3 and 4, and then you've got the dogleg in the back. It's very unique, but it's a lot of fun. I'm eager to get our Love's Travel Stops Ford on track Friday.
"This is going to be a special weekend because my son, Todd, will be making his debut in the K&N Series, racing on Thursday. A lot of people from the west coast who supported me when I was getting started racing are going to be there supporting Todd. I've won there in the K&N Series, and I'm excited now for him to get the chance."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 18 Sprint Cup starts at Phoenix International Raceway ... He has one top-15 and two top-20 finishes at the track in the desert ... His best finish at the one-mile oval is 15th (2008) ... The Love's Travel Stops colors return to the No. 38 Ford for the Phoenix race, promoting TirePass.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Live Fast Motorsports Honors NASCAR Hall of Famer Red Farmer at Talladega
- Latest Point Standings From Grandview Speedway, Tripleheader on Saturday
- UFC fighters take to Talladega with Gray Gaulding and Panini America
- Eric Caudell, CCM Racing Prepare for Talladega Superspeedway, Remainder of 2021 Season
- Natalie Decker to drive the No. 23 for Our Motorsports starting at Talladeg